If you look it that way, this task is not entirely connected to the Sudoku puzzles. Yet again, as in the Sudoku puzzles, this riddle requires logical thinking and the method of exclusion so you can find the correct answer. It is said that the riddle is invented by the great scientist Albert Einstein in his teens, but there are not much evidence for this. He himself says that 98% of the people in the world won’t be able to solve it.
- We have 5 houses colored in five different colors.
- In each house lives a person from a different nationality.
- Those five house owners drink different type of drinks, they smoke a certain brand of cigarettes and have different type of animal.
- They are no owners that have the same animal, smoke the same brand of cigarettes or drink the same drink as one of the others.
The question is: Which owner has the fish?
- The Brit lives in the red house.
- The Swede is a dog owner.
- The Dane drinks tea.
- The green house is directly to the left of the white house.
- The owner of the green house is drinking coffee.
- The owner who smokes Pall Mall, has a bird as a pet.
- The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
- The owner of the house in the middle drinks milk.
- The Norwegian lives in the first house.
- The person who smokes Blends lives next to the house of the cat owner.
- The horse owner lives next to the owner who smokes Dunhill.
- The owner who smokes BlueMaster is drinking beer.
- The German smokes Prince.
- The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
- The person who smokes Blends, is having a neighbour who drinks water.
You can find the answer here.